Lead By Example, Even When It’s Really Painful.
To all our valued El Toro Animal Hospital clients and pets (Effective 3/18/20)
The COVID-19 pandemic is a serious issue and we are addressing it with the necessary precautions to do our part in preventing its spread. COVID-19 is a novel virus. There is much that is unknown and therefore it is NOT just like the flu. We are not panicking, we are being responsible. COVID-19 is much more contagious than other viruses and can live on surfaces for up to 15 hours. The mortality rate is at least 10-fold higher than influenza and people with underlying conditions are far more susceptible. While many who contract the virus will recover, it is our community responsibility to do our part to protect everyone.
In an effort to keep our ETAH family healthy – both employees and clients, please read our policies to address preventing the spread of the COVID-19 noval virus.
ETAH POLICIES REGARDING COVID-19
order to provide social distancing for our clients, we are requiring
that all clients wait in their car with their pets.
Please do not enter our building without being escorted by a team
If you need assistance, please give us a call (949) 837-5222.
- All forms must be completed 24 hours prior to your appointment. If not, your appointment will be cancelled.
- We will review your form and check you in from the parking lot.
- You will escorted directly to an exam room.
- ONE CLIENT PER PET – We understand families want to be supportive of their pets but, please limit the number of people accompanying your pet to the hospital.
- Please do not visit our hospital if you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness. We want to continue to provide excellent care for your precious pets, and in order to do so, we need to stay healthy. We work very closely with each other and your pets. Illnesses can spread easily in this environment. Pets can be contaminated with virus particles and serve as a fomite (essentially a contaminated surface) in the spread.
- Please do NOT visit our hospital within 2 weeks of ANY travel without giving us prior notification so we can determine if it is safe to visit.
- We will allow same day cancellations with no penalties until the threat of Coronavirus has resolved.
- If your pet is sick or needs immediate attention and you are not well or have been around others who are not well, you must call our hospital and inform us so we can determine how best to safely help your pet.
- In order to keep our staff safe, the bathroom will be reserved for the use of our employees only. Until further notice, there will be no use by clients of our team’s bathroom. There will be no exceptions. We are very sorry for this inconvenience.
- Employees are not allowed to work with any symptoms of illness. Rest assured that we are taking all precautions to protect you when you visit our clinic. Any employees with a history of domestic or international flight travel to a CDC Level 3 or 4 area are required to complete a 14 day quarantine period.
- Please be patient while we schedule appointments, during our check in/out procedures, and while waiting for an exam room. Taking the necessary precautions between clients and patients will require more time. We will be adjusting our scheduling accordingly.
- If you have any questions about your visit or your pet, we are always available to answer your questions. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. It is because we care so much about our entire ETAH Family that we are taking this so seriously and make no exceptions.
- The role that animals play in the spread of this virus is still unknown. To date, there is no evidence that cars and dogs can contract COVID-19 and then infect humans. Pets can, however, serve as a source of the infection because they can be contaminated with the virus particles on their fur.